Hello World! campaign
The targets of Academic Mobbing are exceptional faculty — idealistic high achievers that excel in teaching, research, and service. The mobbers' strive to destroy the target professionally, personally, and psychologically. Recovery is never complete. However, it was inevitable that a target would recover enough to be able to publicly out their abusers and shine a spotlight on Academic Mobbing. I am that target.
Given the feedback from the Hello Canada! and Hello World! campaigns, "MacEwan University" is becoming a household name in academia nationally and internationally. Academics are learning about the Psychological Abuse orchestrated by MacEwan Administrators, about the failures of the MacEwan Faculty Association, and about the working conditions at MacEwan. MacEwan is becoming an academic PARIAH.
- The Hello Canada! campaign informed over 50 000 Canadian academics about PrairieU and MacEwan.
- The Hello World! campaign informed over one million international academics about PrairieU and MacEwan.
These campaigns have several goals:
- to inform people applying for employment at MacEwan about the institutional environment
- to inform institutions so they can be wary of MacEwan Administrators applying for employment at their institution
- to provide academics studying workplace Psychological Abuse and Academic Mobbing with a trove of evidence for analysis (additional documents are available)
- to have external pressure encourage change at MacEwan
- to have MacEwan make whole those faculty it Psychologically Abused
MacEwan had substantial warning about these campaigns, with selected administrators having over three month's notice of the Hello Canada! campaign. A reasonable Administration would realize that burying their head in the sand was not working, and would have chosen to address the wrongdoing for the betterment of MacEwan students, staff, faculty, MacEwan, and society. This never happened. Why? Possible explanations are that
- MacEwan Administration doesn't care
- MacEwan Administration is blocked from acting by senior administrators (President Atkinson?)
- MacEwan's attorney has informed MacEwan Administration that there is nothing they can do
- MacEwan Adminstration is refusing the recommendations of their attorney (Not the first time they have ignored their own attorney. One instance ultimately resulted in the creation of www.PrairieU.ca.)
Maybe the next MacEwan Board Chair and/or MacEwan President will be willing to facilitate change at MacEwan and fix the historical wrongs. But by then, over a million academics will have learned about MacEwan University and MacEwan's reputation will be well-established nationally and internationally.